In Chapter Six of Public Relations Writing and Media Techniques, we discussed Preparing Fact Sheets, Advisories, Media Kits, and Pitches.
1. Fact sheets are one-page background sheets about an event, product, or organization.
2. A media kit contains a variety of materials, such as news releases, fact sheets, and photos.
3. A media advisory is used to let assignment editors know about a newsworthy event.
4. Electronic press kits are more versatile than traditional printed media kits.
5. The first rule of a pitch is brevity.